RYT 200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Come Train With The Best Studio In Metro Detroit!
White Lotus Yoga was voted and named “Best Yoga Studio In Metro-Detroit” in 2018, 2019 & 2020 By WDIV Click-On Detroit.
The RYT 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program offered by White Lotus Yoga Studio will give you deeper insight into the practice of physical postures, learning proper and safe sequencing, relevant anatomy, sense of peace and balance learning self-love through the program, and so much more.
Join White Lotus to enrich your life by learning how to teach others yoga and to find inner balance creating happiness, health and peace in your world. We offer teacher training in the fall and spring.
We are accepting inquiries and applications for the Spring 2021 program and invite you to Contact Us any time with questions or for more information! Space is limited so sign up early to reserve your place.
Enroll in the White Lotus Yoga Teacher Training program by CLICKING HERE!
Why Become a Yoga Teacher
People throughout the world have discovered the many physical, emotional, and spiritual benefits with the practice of yoga. Fostering and caring for others through teaching is the most rewarding journey of healing and finding the essence of your true self.
Upon successful completion of the course and graduation, you will be eligible for RYT 200 registration with Yoga Alliance. You will be qualified to teach beginner to intermediate level yoga classes in the styles of Ashtanga, Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin.
Whether you want to share what you love by teaching others, deepen your own practice, or simply learn more about yoga, your journey with White Lotus Teacher Training takes you through the amazing path of yoga and all it’s magic. It transforms you and others with a balanced state of energy.
This program is open to all experience levels aspiring to learn.
Hear directly from our past Teacher Trainers about why the loved our program by watching the video below!
Join our network of past and present White Lotus Yoga teacher trainees in this Facebook Group.
Spring 2021 Schedule
When: March 7th, 2021 – June 6th, 2021 (13 weeks excluding holidays)
Classes Meet: Sundays 8:00AM–4:00PM
*Some Tuesday Evenings
- Asana: Teaching poses safely in the styles of Ashtanga, Hatha, Vinyasa and Yin including their benefits, precautions, principles of alignment and modifications
- Ayurveda: Healing modality of the Vedic culture
- Vinyasa Krama: How to plan, sequence and lead a yoga class
- Anatomy & Physiology: Learning the basics of the body’s musculoskeletal, facia, nervous systems and more
- Meditation & Pranayama: Breathing techniques experiencing stillness; bringing this gift to others
- Teaching Methodology: Discovering what it is to be a Yoga Teacher; finding your personal teaching style and expression
- Balance Within: Increasing your level of self-awareness to your true self and how to realize and maintain a pure state of inner balance
- Yoga History & Philosophy: Ancient teachings of the Sutra, dualism/non-dualism, paths of yoga, ethic codes of Yoga
- Mantras & Chanting: Creating inner balance, calming the mind
- Subtle Body: Experiencing the gunas, chakras, prana vayus, bandhas, shakti / kundalini
Your instructors come from a variety of accomplished yoga and specialized backgrounds in their area of expertise.
Peggy Klauer, Program Director and E-RYT 200 will be your lead instructor throughout the training program. Peggy has been a teacher of yoga for 25 years and director of yoga teacher training programs for 10 years. She has taught yoga world wide.
Taylor Driscoll, will teach Anatomy modules.
The White Lotus Teacher Training program tuition is $3,000. Scholarships and payment plans are available! Contact Us for more information.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Save $100 if you reserve your spot by January 1st with a $200 deposit and pay only $2,900 total. Plus, you can begin practicing at White Lotus Yoga (including AIReal!) for FREE through the end of your training program. That’s an extra $500 in free yoga!
Reserve your spot after Jan. 1st with a $300 deposit, which will be applied to your balance.
PRE-PAY DISCOUNT: Students who are able to pay the balance of their tuition in full before the start of the program will save up to $300 for a total program cost of only $2,700.
- Training & Classroom Sessions: Includes all classroom instruction, handouts and practice sessions during the 13-week curriculum
- Teacher Training Manual: A comprehensive document that explores all aspects of teaching Yoga, chaptered by training module and all other related course documents
- Expert Instruction & Mentorship: In-depth lessons from registered yoga teachers and guest instructors who are experts in particular fields of Yoga study and have a passion for teaching others
- FREE UNLIMITED YOGA at White Lotus: To help support your commitment to the practice, you will receive free admission to all Yoga Classes throughout the training program, including AIReal Yoga™ (activates upon date paid enrollment deposit is received). White Lotus is one of the only yoga studios offering AIReal Yoga™ in the state of Michigan! If White Lotus is too far to maintain your regular practice during your training, we will also pay for you to attend classes at one of your home studios. Once your training is completed 50% OFF One Month of Unlimited Yoga for life.
- Discount admission to select Workshops offered at White Lotus throughout the training program.
- Therapeutic Massage Discounts: As a Teacher Trainer, you are also eligible for a 20% discount on massage therapy from White Lotus Massage Therapists
- Energy Healing Discount: Teacher Trainers receive a 20% discount on Energy Healing Therapy including Reiki and Shamanic Healing to relieve stress, pain and balance mind and body, available only at White Lotus
- Merchandise Discounts: Teacher Trainers receive a 15% discount on any Yoga Merchandise purchased at White Lotus
- Discount admission, lodging and meals at the Spring 2021 White Lotus Weekend Yoga Retreat on the shores of Lake Huron.
“The training program through White Lotus takes the approach that before we can teach others, we must fully develop our own practice. I walked away from the program knowing everything I needed to begin teaching, but I also walked away from the program with a new sense of self-love and inner guidance. The program is transforming not only on an educational level but also on a personal level. My training took place during COVID, and the studio took every precaution to make sure that we were safe, that everyone could participate, and that we could continue our learning online. Although the pandemic made the training unconventional, I don’t feel like I missed out on anything. I would highly recommend this program.“
– Kirsten Wild
“If you’re trying to let your bright light shine, White Lotus’s YTT is perfect. It is the most amazing experience. You’ll learn more about yourself than you ever thought possible. Peggy doesn’t just teach you how to create a great class, and the principles and science of yoga, she teaches you how to be a great teacher through self-love. This is something you CANNOT pass up. Also Taylor, who does the anatomy portion of the training, is amazing. She makes it fun, interactive, easy to understand, and shows you exactly how to apply it to your classes. She is a wealth of knowledge and beautiful energy. This YTT was such a life-changing experience. I strongly recommend it for anyone looking to deepen their practice or yearning to teach.“
– Kaila Dukicin
“Not only did teacher training with White Lotus transform the way I approach my yoga practice, but it gave me important insight about how to walk through each day with kindness and balance. Peggy really put her heart into creating a program that met each student with their unique backgrounds, and gave us the tools to explore and grow in our practice with the message of ‘self-love’ as the cornerstone of the program. The studio is beautiful, the teachers assisting with the program are extremely knowledgeable and patient, and in my group, the students drawn to the program were committed to helping each other on and off the mat. I am so grateful I found White Lotus for my 200-hour certification, and would highly recommend this program for students of any level ready to commit to the practice of finding peace for themselves and others.”
– Shelby Wilkerson
“The White Lotus Yoga Teacher Training Program was fantastic. Peggy’s focus on self-love as a cornerstone of being a good yoga teacher was perfect for me and truly made my experience transformative. She brought her passion for yoga to the class every day, and it was contagious. By the time the class was over, I had learned all the mechanical aspects of creating and running a wide variety of yoga classes; and throughout the entire process, I grew physically, mentally, and spiritually. Peggy’s energy and her knowledge of the science and principles of yoga were incredible. I highly recommend this training for anyone wanting to be an instructor…or even to get a deep understanding of yoga for personal use.”
– Kat Adams
“A very rewarding experience, I had no idea what this was going to mean to me. Positive teacher Peggy gave me encouragement along the way throughout the training as did all the teachers at White Lotus. Best experience I’ve had in a long time. Thank you with all my heart to all at White Lotus teachers who gave me such a drive. All so magical. I have learned so much on this journey. This practice has taught me to be a better person,balanced, and calmer. I want to share and teach my experiences with others.” – Shari Wilk
“Teacher Training was the most important experience of my life to date. The White Lotus program teaches you asanas, alignment, anatomy and Yoga philosophy, etc. but also awareness of self and of the body. Through this awareness you learn compassion for self, and it is from this place of unconditional love that you can be a guide for others and teach them how to get in touch with their higher-self through the practice of yoga. It is a transformational experience that will bring balance to your world.” – Megan Motoligin
Read more testimonials from White Lotus alumni by visiting our Testimonials page!